Saturday, April 14, 2012

Review: Born at Midnight by C.C. Hunter


Title: Born at Midnight
Author: C.C. Hunter
Series: Shadow Falls
Release Date: March 29th, 2011
Number of Pages: 398
Publisher: St.Martin’s Griffin
Source: Bought
Don’t miss this spectacular new series that will steal your heart and haunt your dreams,  Welcome to Shadow Falls camp, nestled deep in the woods of a town called Fallen…
One night Kylie Galen finds herself at the wrong party, with the wrong people, and it changes her life forever.  Her mother ships her off to Shadow Falls—a camp for troubled teens, and within hours of arriving, it becomes painfully clear that her fellow campers aren’t just “troubled.”  Here at Shadow Falls, vampires, werewolves, shapshifters, witches and fairies train side by side—learning to harness their powers, control their magic and live in the normal world.
Kylie’s never felt normal, but surely she doesn’t belong here with a bunch of paranormal freaks either.  Or does she?  They insist Kylie is one of them, and that she was brought here for a reason.  As if life wasn’t complicated enough, enter Derek and Lucas.  Derek’s a half-fae who’s determined to be her boyfriend, and Lucas is a smokin’ hot werewolf with whom Kylie shares a secret past.  Both Derek and Lucas couldn’t be more different, but they both have a powerful hold on her heart. 
Even though Kylie feels deeply uncertain about everything, one thing is becoming painfully clear—Shadow Falls is exactly where she belongs…
Born at Midnight is one of those novels I didn’t really any expectations about. It was one of those books that sit in my bookshelves. I finally read it last week, and I simply couldn’t put it down once I started it! I really had no expectations about this novel, as I hadn’t read many reviews about it. All I knew was that it was about a camp full of supernatural. Yet, HOLY SMOKE! THAT WAS SOOO GOOD!!!

I didn’t think I would get into the story as much as I did. That’s why I had decided to start the book before going to bed. WRONG IDEA! I ended up reading it in one sitting, only to finally be able to go to bed at 3AM. I just had to know what would happen next, to discover what Kylie really was.

The first novel in this series more about setting the tone for the series, and about presenting the characters, yet it never got boring to me. Even though there wasn’t killing action in most of the book, there was some action toward the end. Still, the characters in the novel really made it interesting, in my opinion. Kylie was interesting to me, especially since she didn’t simply want to believe she was a supernatural. I liked that about her, as it made her more believable in my eye. Her ex, Trey, was one character that I really dislike, as he was such a prick. I had trouble believing he acted with Kylie sometimes. Derek was one character that I started disliking toward in the middle of the book. There was just something about me that made me unable to trust his intentions towards Kylie. I can’t really say why though. Then, there’s Lucas that I ADORE. There’s just something about him that made me swoon. I can’t wait to read more of him in the next book.

C.C.Hunter created a series that will get you addicted. It is a novel you should really pick up soon if you haven’t yet. I can’t wait to finally discover what Kylie is!

2 comments:

  1. Many people at present pick out the various models of hublot replica and even you will find a style in between people today to find websites at which they may grab the brandnames they can want designed for. A lot of these days' many people are actually large numbers of reliant on the web to achieve understanding of any specific stuff. Bentley's bureau through Breitling starts back many years, and even fake gucci was mutually very theraputic for each of those persons. With the ahead of time quite a few years, Bentley strong at helping to make pounding locomotives. Nationality tunes left them how to propel a powerful core to help you the nation's hublot replica uk, which in turn left them how to always polish formation. Simply because Bentley locomotives chipped tempo thresholds besides other innovators was hoping to maintain up, your requirement designed for excellence chronographs rose bush. The web has given a hand to hublot replica to be designed for web based hunting at present. Affordable handbags for those adult females really mean upwards of merely backpack, for your kids, each individual get is significant despite the fact that some people usually have quite a lot of within their property.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book is absolutely amazing! I couldn't put it down, i ended up finishing it in a day. This story has everything you could want in a novel I can't explain how much I love this book! Just read it, you'll thank me later.

    The best Iron Cookware

    ReplyDelete